Especially in this promising segment, BOHLER Edelstahl can build on its extensive materials experience and expertise in the field of powder metallurgy. We are expanding our portfolio to include powder for additive manufacturing with the brand BOHLER AMPO, starting April 2017.
TITAN POWDER PRODUCTION especially for Additive Manufacturing (AM)
The demand for titanium powder is also rising sharply as a result of the further development of 3D metal printing technology. In order to be able to produce this in the highest quality in Austria, the project will invest in research (new and further product development) and the necessary production facilities (powder atomization and preparation).
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
Further information on IWB/EFRE can be found at www.efre.gv.at
The facts at a glance:
- Launch with 3 brands – BÖHLER W722 AMPO, BÖHLER N700 AMPO, BÖHLER L718 AMPO – but great flexibility to expand the brand portfolio in the future.
- Expansion of the brands BÖHLER M789 AMPO and BÖHLER L625 AMPO
- Atomization of BÖHLER standard brands (theoretical selection from 250 steel brands). Customization of alloys with small scale production plant and metallurgical expertise.
- BÖHLER Edelstahl leverages the metallurgical knowledge and manufacturing options of a special steel producer for this new technology.
- Powder is produced on latest atomization techniques and tested in-house.
- Vacuum induction melting and atomization under inert gas ensure the highest product quality.
- Depending on the steel grade and customer requirements, raw-materials molten under vacuum or remolten can be used. This ensures the highest quality standards and minimizes undesired impurities.
- Depending on the requirements of the AM process used, we can provide the appropriate particle fraction in a range from 15-150μm.
- Properties such as flowability, particle size distribution, and bulk density are ascertained upon request and included in delivery.
Additive Manufacturing Prozess
Leitung Technologie, Forschung, Entwicklung und Labors