Components in offshore, waste water, sea water desalination and chemical plants with aggressive chloride-containing media e.g. heat exchangers, separator parts, compressor and pump components, turbine blades.
Ferritic-austenitic stainless steel. Excellent corrosion resistance against general corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, corrosion fatigue, pitting, crevice and erosion corrosion and possessing very high mechanical strength properties. Good weldability, post weld heat treatment not necessary. Max. temperature for long periods of service: 280°C (536°F )/ (300°C/572°F possible for short periods). Surface condition for optimum corrosion resistance: pickled or machined.
Chemical composition (average %)
- Comp. for Chemical plants (incl. LNG, FGD, Urea, LDPE, etc.)
- Comps. for Food processing & Animal Feed
- Flowlines & Connectors
- Food processing Ind.
- Other O&G+CPI comps.
- Pumps & High Pressure Components
- Tubular Products, Flanges, Fittings
- Valves & Actuators
- Wellhead, X-mas trees & Manifolds (incl. Tubing hangers), BOPs