Objectives of Purchasing
The Purchasing department paves the way for a lasting competitive edge for BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH & Co KG. This advantage is achieved with a combination of excellent suppliers, efficiency, quality, flexibility and innovation. It is our contribution and the contribution of our suppliers to the added value of BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH & Co KG.
The aspects of profitability, expedience and economy count here.
To achieve the BÖHLER Vision – ensuring success with a spirited, compliant company culture and customer satisfaction supported by delivery reliability, quality and service – the consequential use of internal and external potentials is a factor for success.
We offer our suppliers:
- a long-term partnership
- a concentration of A and B suppliers
- a win-win situation
- supplier management
- continuous further development
- a continuous improvement process (Supply Chain Improvement Process)
- mutual problem solving
- active collaboration among suppliers–purchasing-consumers
- communication connecting buyer and supplier
Duties and responsibilities of the purchasing department:
- guaranteeing the availability of high quality materials, services, investments, spare parts, MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operating) goods and C-Articles.
- minimizing the stock of auxiliary-/operating materials.
- continuously decreasing of procurement process costs, costs of materials and Services.
Reliable, innovative and cost-conscious suppliers/manufacturers are the basis for a cooperative and long-term collaboration. These are the aspects that determine the selection of a supplier, keeping the goal in mind of establishing preferred suppliers with whom we can develop strategic partnerships.
Supplier management consists of several different steps:
- determining suppliers
- selecting suppliers
- qualifying suppliers
- assessing and evaluating suppliers
- developing suppliers
The supplier selection process occurs in accordance with the technical, commercial and strategic considerations of an interdisciplinary team at BÖHLER Edelstahl.
The following criteria are decisive:
- Purchasing strategy
- Logistics services
- Delivery time
- Supplier classification
- Corporate advancement
Please complete the following questionnaire to briefly introduce yourself. We will check your tender and contact you.